Customize your experience in Cuba from a menu of offers! The price of your trip will depend on how many days and what activities and services included in your trip.
A deposit of 10% of the total price will secure your trip. The balance of the trip cost must be paid 30 days before the start of the trip. After planning out your trip details, we will send instructions on how to submit payment.
Sample Trip Packages
In general, we like to plan different activities every day, spending 2-4 hours per day with a guide or group leader, usually in the morning hours. Afternoons are a great time for painting, dance, or Spanish lessons; to explore the city on your own; to make new local friends or just take a rest. A couple of guided full-day trips to Vinales and the beach are an opportunity to get out of the city and see more of Cuba. Traveling to Trinidad or other iconic Cuban cities adds another rich layer of experience. In the evening we can help you make reservations for dinners or shows, or we can re-convene for an arts/dancing cocktail hour and evening outing, if you wish. Our group leaders and guides are here to help you with logistics at any time, and point you in the direction of a variety of places to eat, sights to enjoy, and new experiences.
In the weeks and months before your trip, we will discuss your interests and wishes for your trip. Two weeks before your travel, we will send an Itinerary as part of a Welcome Document. At the Welcome Dinner on your first night we will review details of the itinerary. And we’ll check in with you daily to make modest adjustments as needed. Good communication is essential to a happy trip for everyone!
Welcome to Cuba – Full Experience: 10-days for 5+ people at $2200/person:
- Airport pickup and return with your group leader in a classic car
- Welcome Dinner
- Guide for 2-4 hours per day to do things like visit museums, community projects, and local areas of interest with an eye toward historical and living points of interest
- City walking tour of Old Havana & classic car tour of the larger city of Havana
- Day trips to Vinales and Varadero beach, transportation and activities included
- Long-distance transport to Trinidad or other cities
- Painting/drawing/design lessons with Laura (6 sessions of 40-minutes each) at city locations.
- Cuban dance lessons with Angel and his team (2 sessions of 60-minutes each) at a local studio.
- Cuban Spanish lessons with Dyana (2 sessions of 60-minutes each) at your casa.
- Conversations with guest speakers, for instance on Cuban architecture & art history, education & culture, technology and classic cars, etc.
- Bottled water for 10 days delivered to your casa particular.
- Recommendations and arrangements for afternoon or evening outings on your own or with group leaders.
- Pre-trip communications to address your travel questions.
- Travel affidavit for your Educational and Person-to-Person travel during your 10-day trip with CAA, in accordance with US travel requirements.
Sample 10-Day Itinerary:
Saturday: Arrival, Welcome Dinner on a Havana rooftop with your group leaders and guides
Sunday: Walking tour of Old Havana & classic car tour; optional evening outing
Monday: Choice of: Tour of Gran Theatro de Habana, Museum of the Orishas, and/or Museum of the Revolucion
Tuesday: Viñales Valley day trip with luncheon and tour at Paradise Organic Farm
Wednesday: Traditional dance and drawing salon in Habana Vieja; Visits to artist studios; Dinner in Cuban casa with family
Thursday: Travel to Trinidad; Tour of Trinidad Old City
Friday: Tour of sugar plantations and museums
Saturday: Picnic on the beach
Sunday: Return to Havana; Cuban dance show and dancing at 1830 salsa garden
Monday: Flusterlandia mosaic village; Museum of Cuban Art
Tuesday: Breakfast and Departures
Cancellations 30+ days before the start of the trip can be refunded for half of the initial deposit. Cancellations 15-29 days before the start of the trip will be refunded for trip cost but not the deposit. Cancellations 14 days or less before the start of the trip will be refunded for half of the total trip package.
Changes to trip dates because of weather-related airline cancelations will be managed at the moment to make necessary changes to your accommodation and guiding at minimal cost. In this case CAA and trip participants will split the cost of any additional fees.
Cancellations at any time by CAA will be fully refunded.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover photo by Clare Putnam