Create Your Own Cuba Art Adventure
We will work with you to establish a trip that fits your interests and budget!
In general, we like to plan different activities every day, spending 2-4 hours per day with a guide or group leader, usually in the morning hours. Afternoons are a great time for painting, dance, or Spanish lessons; to explore the city on your own; to make new local friends or just take a rest. A couple of guided full-day trips to Vinales and the beach are an opportunity to get out of the city and see more of Cuba. Traveling to Trinidad or other iconic Cuban cities adds another rich layer of experience. In the evening we can help you make reservations for dinners or shows, or we can re-convene for an arts/dancing cocktail hour and evening outing, if you wish. Our group leaders and guides are here to help you with logistics at any time, and point you in the direction of a variety of places to eat, sights to enjoy, and new experiences.
Included in every trip is:
Excellent tour guiding by experienced, dynamic guides who have lived their whole lives in Havana
Custom itinerary of cultural immersion- and arts- themed activities that will bring you in contact with Cuban people, history, and daily life
- Travel Affidavit that fulfills visa requirements for US travelers to Cuba and outlines your program of travel under a General License for Educational Activities and People to People Exchanges, CFR 515.565b
- Pre- and post- trip communication to answer your questions
Please note that, in order to comply with US visa regulations, we are obligated to organize a “full-time schedule of activities” within our Educational and Person-to-Person travel category, overseen by our group through your stay in Cuba. This will be documented in the itinerary attached to your Travel Affidavit. We cannot give you a Travel Affidavit if you only spend a few hours with us during your stay in Cuba.
Menu of options to customize your own trip:
- Accommodation in our favorite casa particular guest houses, clean and lovely environments run by great Cuban families
- Airport pickup and return in a classic car
- Welcome dinner on the roof terrace
- Sketching and painting on-site, including coaching for locations, subject, technique, style and development of your work
- Dance classes with one-on-one instruction by expert professional dancers and teachers
- Spanish language classes with professional teacher
- Walking Tour of Old Havana historical sites, side streets, and places important to daily life for locals.
- Classic Car Panoramic Tour of wider Havana and waterfront
- Guided visits to art and culture museums and sites, including the Museum of Cuban Art, the Alicia Alonzo Grand Theatro of Havana, the Museum of the Orishas, the Museum of the Revolution, Casa de Africa, and Flusterlandia living art village
- Day trip to inspirational Vinales tobacco valley, including a view into rural Cuba and tours of an organic vegetable farm and a tobacco farm
- Day trips to Cuban beaches, to enjoy the Caribbean beach experience with locals
- Several days excursion to beautiful historic cities of Trinidad, Cienfuegos, and/or Santiago de Cuba
- Tours of the sugar mills and old city in Trinidad
- Visit to El Nicho historic nature preserve near Cienfuegos
- Evening outings to music, dancing, and art venues
- Transport within Cuba for group-related activities
- Bottled water service for the week
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Pricing Details
We will work with you to adjust this package to your needs! If you have any questions, reach out to Laura: email@example.com
The price of your trip will depend on how many days you are staying and what activities and services included in your trip. We've planned trips that range from $90 a day per person to $300 a day per person. Talk to us about your budget and we'll put together the best tour for you!
A deposit of 10% of the total price will secure your trip. The balance of the trip cost must be paid 30 days before the start of the trip. After planning out your trip details, we will send instructions on how to submit payment.
Cancellations 30+ days before the start of the trip can be refunded for half of the initial deposit. Cancellations 15-29 days before the start of the trip will be refunded for trip cost but not the deposit. Cancellations 14 days or less before the start of the trip will be refunded for half of the total trip package.
Changes to trip dates because of weather-related airline cancelations will be managed at the moment to make necessary changes to your accommodation and guiding at minimal cost. In this case CAA and trip participants will split the cost of any additional fees.
Cancellations at any time by CAA will be fully refunded.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org