We will work with you to establish a trip that fits your needs and budget! Pricing varies based on activities and the length of the trip.
Trips we've planned have ranged from fully customized tours to simple trips, and have ranged from $150 – $300 per day. Once you tell us more about your travel needs, we will give you an exact quote!
Participants are responsible for their own plane tickets.
A deposit of 10% of the total price will secure your trip. The balance of the trip cost must be paid 30 days before the start of the trip. After planning out your trip details, we will send instructions on how to submit payment.
Sample Trip Packages
In general, we like to plan different activities every day, spending 2-4 hours per day with a guide or group leader, usually in the morning hours. Afternoons are a great time for painting, dance, or Spanish lessons; to explore the city on your own; to make new local friends or just take a rest. A couple of guided full-day trips to Vinales and the beach are an opportunity to get out of the city and see more of Cuba. Traveling to Trinidad or other iconic Cuban cities adds another rich layer of experience. In the evening we can help you make reservations for dinners or shows, or we can re-convene for an arts/dancing cocktail hour and evening outing, if you wish. Our group leaders and guides are here to help you with logistics at any time, and point you in the direction of a variety of places to eat, sights to enjoy, and new experiences.
In the weeks and months before your trip, we will discuss your interests and wishes for your trip. Two weeks before your travel, we will send an Itinerary as part of a Welcome Document. At the Welcome Dinner on your first night we will review details of the itinerary. And we’ll check in with you daily to make modest adjustments as needed. Good communication is essential to a happy trip for everyone!
Services included with Basic Tour Plan: ($100 base fee + $200 a day)
- Accommodation in casa particular guest houses
- All transport within Cuba for group-related activities
- Airport pickup and return in a classic car
- Welcome dinner on the roof terrace
- Bottled water service for the week
- Tips and Arrangements for Free Time – drawing and painting venues, exploring city highlights, Spanish or salsa lessons, or your own spontaneous adventure
- Pre-Trip Collaboration to address questions about travel to Cuba; Post-Trip Celebration to share and exhibit art created while traveling.
- Tours of Old Havana historical sites, side streets, and places important to daily life for locals.
Here are some actives we offer that tours in the past have really enjoyed. We will work with you to pick and choose what you want to do. If there is something not on this list that you are interested in, just say so, and we'll try to make it happen!
- Classic car tour
- Guided visits to art and culture museums and sites, including the Museum of Cuban Art, the Alicia Alonzo Grand Theatro of Havana, the Museum of the Orishas, the Museum of the Revolution, and Flusterlandia living art village
- Day trip to inspirational Vinales tobacco valley, including a view into rural Cuba and tours of an organic vegetable farm and a tobacco farm.
- Day trips to Cuban beaches, to enjoy the Caribbean beach experience with locals.
- Tours of the sugar mills and old city in Trinidad
- Evening outings to music, dancing, and art venues
- Daily sketching and painting demonstrations
- Dance classes with one-on-one instruction by expert professional dancers and teachers: $15 an hour
- Spanish language classes with professional teachers $12 an hour
- An excursion to Trinidad, a beautiful colonial city with a living tradition of music and dance, as well as beautiful beaches and walks
Cover photo by Clare Putnam